Santos is home to one of the most important ports in South America. Cruise to Santos to enjoy this coastal metropolis area within the state of Sao Paulo. Santos is approximately one hour from the large well-known city of Sao Paulo, with easy transportation and access if you wish to venture farther into the area. The residents of San Paulo are frequent visitors to Santos because of its beautiful beaches and coastal vibe. Sao Paulo is often said to rival Rio de Janeiro and has been compared to New York City and Los Angeles. One of the city’s main attractions is the local people and their vibrant cultures. Cruises to Santos will highlight this very diverse population and you can experience almost anything when visiting. Featured below are a few of our favorite experiences for the cruise port of Sao Paulo, Brazil:
- In Santos we dare you to walk Santos’ entire Beach Front Garden, the largest in the world.
- For the coffee lovers, learn about Santos as a major trading port with a visit to the Brazilian Coffee Museum. You’ll come away with a newfound understanding of the importance that coffee played to the development of the area.
- One of Santos’ main attractions is the Municipal Aquarium which has a large salt water tank full of red snappers, sand sharks, manta rays and many other wonderful fish. There is also an Amazonian tank with many native rainforest animals such as peacock bass, wolffish and arapaima.
- In Sao Paulo, catch a live concert at either Sala Sao Paulo or Teatro Municipal.
- For unbelievable views of the city of Sao Paulo, go to the top of the Banespa Tower.
- Wander through Sao Paulo’s popular Ibirapuera Park which has a planetarium, beautiful lakes and fountains and is also home to the Bienal, Museu de Arte Moderne and Pavilhao da Oca.