Commonly referred to as the “Paris of the South,” Buenos Aires has transformed into a cosmopolitan metropolis with a strong European heritage and culture. Buenos Aires is also home to some of the greatest opera houses and the famous Colon Theater. Cruise to Buenos Aires and discover the old world cobble stone streets flanked with new world trendy restaurants, charming cafes and beautiful architecture. Many delicious Malbec wines are created around this region, so sip on some perfect wine while you dine with a popular Argentine steak. After your meal, let your body tango to the local rhythms that fill the air. The city is a fantastic walking and touring destination with its wide streets covered with shade trees. Soak it all in as you spend your time exploring on a cruise to Buenos Aires. Featured below are a few of our favorite experiences for the cruise port of Buenos Aires, Argentina:
- Experience true local flavor with a visit to the La Boca neighborhood which has many trendy boutiques and art galleries.
- Take a moment to stop and smell the roses at the Paseo del Rosedal (Rose Garden Walk) with over 1,000 different types of roses.
- Catch a live performance at Teatro Colon, the second largest performing arts theater in the Southern Hemisphere (first largest is the Sydney Opera House).
- Learn to shake it like the locals at a tango dancing class complete with dinner and lessons from the pros.
- There are many wonderful museums to discover in Buenos Aires, such as the Museums of Latin American Art of Buenos Aires, Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Museo Nacional De Arte Decorativeo, Museo de los Ninos and Coleccion de Arte Amalia Lacroze de Fortabat.