So much has been said of Paris. It’s one of the most visited cities in the world. If you’ve never been, it’s a must, as you need to experience the stunning stature of the Eiffel Tower and stroll through the decadent hall of mirrors in Versailles. If you have been to Paris before, it’s certainly worth a second look. With so many attractions, there’s certainly something you missed or something new. And even if Paris may seem like an old hat, we can promise you the food is always fresh and ready to invigorate your palate with a richness that only the French can serve up. Featured below are a few of the best ways to spend your time in Paris, France:
- Whether you’re wondering just what Mona Lisa is smirking at or what ever happened to Venus de Milo’s arms, you can find out when you visit The Louvre in Paris.
- Grab a baguette, some butter, a chunk of cheese and, of course, a bottle of wine and head to the Square du Vert-Galant for a picture perfect Parisian picnic.
- Take a tour of the dark side of Paris in the city’s catacombs. The catacombs are a graveyard of sorts where bones are displayed in an artistic manner under the streets of the city.
- See the outrageous lifestyle of Paris’ former royalty at the Palace of Versailles. You can tour this structure with its gold fixtures and heavy chandeliers. This was once the spot that Marie Antoinette called home.
- Kick up your legs, or maybe just sit back and let the dancing girls take care of that at the Moulin Rouge. This was a famous cabaret in the late 1800s where the can-can gained popularity.