Want to put a smile on your face? Copenhagen is just the city to do it, as it is the capital of Denmark, which has been ranked as the happiest country for two years in a row, according to the United Nations. This capital juts out and nearly connects with Sweden, creating the strait of Oresund which separates the North Sea from the Baltic Sea. Rent a bicycle and traverse this city the way the locals do. Aside from providing a healthy workout, this is one of the most enjoyable ways to see the most of this city and its Baroque buildings, spires and modern structures. The city is known for its bicycle culture where bike lanes crisscross the city and are respected by motorists. Contact our experts for help planning your cruise to Copenhagen, Denmark. Featured below are a few of our favorite experiences for the cruise port of Copenhagen, Denmark:
- Stroll the Stroget, the world’s longest pedestrian-only street. Here you can find shops galore.
- If you’re lucky, get a reservation at Noma, which has been named the best restaurant in the world for three years.
- Have a night of fun at Tivoli Garden, the amusement park that inspired Walt Disney. At night the park is lit up by 1,000 light bulbs.
- Learn about and view major works of modern art, along with a stunning view of the Oresund Strait, at the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art.
- A trip to Copenhagen wouldn’t be complete without a visit to The Little Mermaid statue near the city’s port. The statue was constructed to honor Danish fairy tale writer Hans Christian Andersen.