Cruises From Mumbai (Bombay)
Fast on its way to becoming one of the most populated cities in the world, Mumbai is currently the fourth largest city in the world and largest in India in terms of population with over 18 million residents. Cruise to Mumbai and you’ll can see this growth happening before your eyes. It is the economic center of India and features a striking juxtaposition between new and old. The city is a beautiful mixture of modern skyscrapers and new technologies and the beautiful shrines and temples of its past. Explore the city’s juxtaposed style and culture on a cruise to Mumbai.
- Elephanta Island Caves are a one hour ferry ride from Mumbai. Here you’ll find caves with carvings of Hindu characters that may date back to the 6th century.
- Marvel at the exquisite Victoria train station now known as Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus which was built in the 1800s with flying buttresses, sculptures and stained glass windows.
- At night head to Chowpatty Beach where each evening is like a carnival complete with ferris wheels and puffed rice snacks.
- Take a tour of a Bollywood studio in Film City.
- Take a tour of the Dharavi slum, which was prominently featured in the Oscar winning film Slumdog Millionaire.